Thursday, July 06, 2006

Beaded Bookmarks


Being a mommy allows me to get crafty and feed my brain some "food" after a long day of being on Madam N's clock. Its like elementary construction paper time fun :)

Last night, after a visit from Madam N's Nina and auntie C, I made some beaded bookmarks.













I had purchased some of these "bookthongs" before. They start at about six bucks and can get to thirty something for really intricate ones with real gems, silver and completely covered in beads. I really liked them and decided I could also make these as gifts :) The simple ones at least.

After a quick search online, I found a link with instructions and it was super easy. The only hard part is trying to decide which beads make the nicest looking combination.



Overall, the waxed cord ones seem sturdier, but I think the ribbon is kinder to your books. There is still room for perfection (such as figuring out a way to hide the knots) but overall they are nice to look at. Don't you think?

No comments: