Thursday, June 29, 2006

First Broken Item

Madam N has broken her first household item. It happened this past weekend, while cruising around the futon. She went over to the lamp near the corner of the futon and either tried standing while holding on to it or just simply pulled on it. I was leaning on the futon and saw her fall in slow motion. Yes you do see things in slow motion - Trust me! (ghetto slip and slide memories when I think if seing things in slow motion, another story for another day)

Anyhhoo, I sort of remember getting up to go towards her while at the same time the lamp crashed on the floor. The glass top of the lamp shattered completely and Madam N began to cry. the lamp post was on top of her but didnt really land on her because she was caught in the gap between the lamp and the carpet. But I think she got scared thats all. So I picked her up and comforted her since she was crying. Her Daddy woke up at this point (catching up on sleep after a long work week). I took her to him in the bedroom so he could keep an eye on her while I vacumed the pieces. But then the vacuum cleaner broke! My thong undies got caught in there somehow.

Now I know what your thinking and no! They werent hanging out in the living room after some nightly escapade with the hubby :) My mom jokingly thought of that! double anyhoo. They were clean and most likely got sucked up after cleaning in the bedroom where two piles of clean laundry still sit with no more closet space to go to. Well long story short, we had to run to Lowes and buy a new lamp and vacuum! Well thank you Madam N...I needed a new one anyway. This new one is great. I emptied out a whole canister of dust, like 2 cups full! along with cat hair and dust bunnies.

Prior to heading over to Lowes, we put Madam N on a time out. Well it was for her own good so we could get ready to go out the door and couldnt leave her crawling around so her crib served as a double purpose for being a bad little girl. She cried so much. I think she knew it was also time out and not just "hanging out at my crib"... Gee that sounded like ghetto talk but I meant it in the literal sense :)

Oh tidbit to this....apparently, someone took the vacuum from the garbage bin, probably our next door neighbors. Great! our neighbor is always fixing his car such as installing whole engines and anything else his car needs. Get what i'm getting at? Hes the type that will sit and pull things apart and fix them. Oh lord. I realllllly do know they were clean (agg or hoping for sure now).

No comments: